EPR SELF AMALGAMATING TAPE (High Tension Tape)
EPR (Ethylene Propylene Rubber) based tape has excellent amalgamation properties and is highly conformable. It is a non-vulcanizing, shelf-stable tape with excellent electrical properties. Can be used as an insulation for low-voltage application as well as an insulation for splices up to 69,000 volts.
- For Joining and repairing a wide range of solid dielectric power cables up to 69kV.
- For insulation, waterproofing and protection of electrical components.
- The tape amalgamates rapidly when applied under tension to provide a void free homogeneous wrapping.
- Compatible with a wide range of rubber and plastic dielectric cable insulation. These include polyethylene, cross-linked polyethylene, ethylene propylene rubber, PVC, butyl and neoprene.
- Excellent resistance to water and ozone.
- The tape will remove cleanly when cut, allowing it to be used as temporary insulation or protection.